Thursday, April 15, 2010

Professional Cleaning May Not Be My Destiny

I respect and admire all of you professional cleaners. It takes a strong, strong person to tackle the dirt again and again and again. I don't think I have the chops! This whole "obsessively clean" thing is driving me to distraction! Our house isn't even on the market yet. Hoo boy.
Brett's having a great time in Drumheller. He even posted Facebook pics of us when he should have been studying. Nice.
I've made a bet with my brother in law, Richard, and my husband to see who can lose the highest percentage of body fat before July 24th. I am SO MOTIVATED. Every day I see Richard's face and I envision him trying to take the prize away from me... and I am finding I can forego the chocolate. It's amazing. The prize is $200, by the way, which I have decided will be towards a spa day for myself. I have never done that and I would like to try it.
The photographers were taking pics of my lovely little first home so that we can sell it to some stranger. I think I need to de-emotionalize. I love my house. I'm sure I'll love the next one, too.

4 comments:

  1. you will love your next one too!!! oh my jen...how i love thee!!!!!!!! :) xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Home is wherever you are! Hang in there with the cleaning and remember that once you have an offer with conditions removed you can let it all go! Until then...it's not going to be fun, but you're a tough cookie - you CAN do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing is difficult if you are determined to do that and I am Sure You too will do it quite easily.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there... it's hard but liberating to move and get rid of stuff. We are actually in progress of our 8th move right now.. Colin is packing and I'm on the internet.
    I need to know if we can come visit you in Vernon at the end of June????
    Give me a call if you have a minute.
    -Julie

    ReplyDelete