Monday, February 8, 2010

Another Report

Hello there, faithful readers!

I am researching fitness-y type stuff in order to be a good fitness guru. Did you know that 2 out of 3 Canadians are over-weight or obese? BRUTAL! 30% of youth aged 12-19 are completely inactive during the day. WOW. Perhaps I'll take my kids to the track and make them run. Maybe not the best idea for making exercise fun.
I'm using the Wii Fit quite a bit lately to help motivate the kids... they need to earn minutes by moving and then they can play the more sedentary games. How much time do your kids play video games? We're trying to cut back over here. It's the first privilege to go when they are being naughty or disrespectful.
So, now that the weekend is done, I'm hoping to get my flat tire fixed (AGAIN) and get back to the gym 3 times this week. The calorie counting thing is annoying... but good. 300 calories every 3 hours. I'll let you know how it's going. Tah tah!

1 comment:

  1. Somehow we got an XBox just before Christmas. It was free, but I'd be happier without it. Anyway, as far as the kids know, I don't know how to turn it on so they have to wait for Dad to be home to play (which isn't that often). TV time is something that they have to earn, unless I'm busy doing something and I need them to be zoned out. Sad but true.

    Kev has this theory that at 33 we are now (or should be) at the prime of our lives and it's only going to be downhill from here. I'm not sure if I totally agree, but I do know that if I don't get my butt in gear my body will suffer irrepairable damage. So, I too am trying to be better. I'm recording what I eat (even if I shouldn't eat it), eating way more veggies, not eating after 7 and adding some exercise. In theory that should work, right? The bottom line for me is portion control and limiting sweets. (I am a recovering peanut M&M addict.)

    Are you doing Body for Life? We should chat...

    ReplyDelete