Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Professional Writer.

Well,

I forgot that I was going to be a professional writer this month. I suppose I should go buy "Writing For Dummies" at the bookstore... because there must be a technique to it.

What shall I write about? For starters, I could tell you what my little Ben said at dinner tonight with the Missionaries. He starts talking about all the funny jokes he read in this book that his friend brought over. "Here's one," he says, "how can I make love without a TV?"

SILENCE.

And then, red-faced and shaking with silent laughter, the poor Elders cough food into their napkins while Brett says, "Yes, well, that doesn't make much sense, does it?" And Ben just says,
"Yeah. It doesn't."
Innocence. Gotta love that.

I explained it later, after they left. He decided he wouldn't tell that joke at dinner parties anymore. Good decision, good decision.

1 comment: